Saturday, January 12, 2008

I came, I saw, the Luna Sea One Night Dejavu concert.

So that means I went to Tokyo. And that means... photos! All 62 of them, out of 853947.3.

So, here goes nothing!

Kaminari-mon



One of the first attractions we went to, because it was the nearest.

Kaminari-mon dori



The sreets leading up to Senso-ji, full of people trying to sell you useless but touristy stuff and...

Sweet Sake seller



... sweet sake! Seller not for sale though. Sweet Sake seller, in both ways.

Colors of Dembo-in



Fodor guidebooks LIE. Dembo-in is no longer accessible to people.

Cheap fortunes



For 100 yen, get your fortunes told.

Giant Pigeons!



Only because I zoomed in. Haha.

Expensive sushi



And to rub salt into the proverbial financial wound, they're not edible. They're replicas used by restaurants around, and they look damn real. You should see the other replicas of noodles and meat. Found in the shop, Maizuru, in Kappa-bashi.

Kabuki-za



Traditional Japanese theatre that is not Noh. Though the play that we watched was a hybrid of Noh and Kabuki, that means the front part of the play was excruciatingly slow. I fell asleep standing up, because there was no sitting room. But the Kabuki itself was entertaining. I rather liked the music, it was quite eclectic.

Kabuki-za decorations



Outside Kabuki-za. Though can someone tell me what they're for anyway?

The ceiling inside the theatre



Photography is strictly not allowed. So all I could come up with was with this.

And this



It was damn hard to take this picture lah! The best I could come up with of the play was this very blurry photos of the ladies when they transformed into demons. This black-haired one was the head demoness. I was all the way in the stalls at the back.

To give you a clearer picture of what I was actually shooting...



Here's a picture of the poster, though of a different play. Haha. What's the point then, you may ask?

The emperor is rich



He has a courtyard this big. You can hold a concert here and still have enough space to host a soccer match in the same space. Taken in the Imperial Palace's grounds, because it's the emperor's birthday and it only opens twice a year! 23rd December, his birthday, and 2nd January.

Celebrating Japanese



Alot of people were busy waving flags. I was busy taking pictures of them doing so.

Maple trees



Who knew there were these in Japan? Ok so maybe it's just me being ignorant.

Fancy gates



The palace grounds sure has fancy looking gates.

Emo kid drawings



These are drawings on light cannisters that are supposed to show love for the Earth, by grade school kids. Apparently some kid has a flair for art and emoism.

I was there at One Night Dejavu!



I wrote on the Hong Kong SLAVES banner because I didn't have any. They were nice enough to let me write. Though, if LUNA SEA ever sees this, they'd probably think we're part of Hong Kong or something =\ The concert was AWESOME, by the way.

Sad dogs in Harajuku



If I was the dog and I had to don this ridiculous outfit, I'd be sad too.

Cosplayers in Harajuku



There was some cosplay event at the bridge in Harajuku. Also, another highlight was an old man all dressed up in a pink dress and having tea. Photos will not be posted here for the sake of sanity.

A little night photography at the Asahi Beer Hall



The headquarters of the popular Asahi beer brand, just a really big stone throw away from our hostel!

Azumabashi at night



At where we were staying in, Asakusa, there are three bridges, a red, a green and a blue. Ours was nearest the red, Azumabashi.

The bridge that we never take



This is the road that we religiously never fail to jaywalk, because who the hell in their right mind would take an overhead bridge when jaywalking is so much easier? Ignored on a daily basis.

Tokyo by night



Taken on top of the Tokyo Tower.

Ferris Wheel in Odaiba!



You can see all the way to Odaiba, the offshore island from the Tokyo tower! Brochures boast that on a clear day Mount Fuji is visible too.

Streets of Tokyo



I wanda if yoo know, how they they drib in To-ki-yo/ Once you've seen it then you mean it then you know you have to go/ FAST AND FUYIOUS!!!!! DRIB! DRIB! DRIB!

Tokyo Tower



Er. Looks a bit like my photo of the Eiffel Tower HERE.

WARNING! SEPHIROTH FANATISM AHEAD!
zomgwtfbbqSEPHY!!!!!!11!!



Like any Square fan, one MUST make a pilgrimage to the Square-Enix showcase and zOHMIGOSHIT'SSEPHIROTH!!

HABAHABABLADALADEESEPHYYY



*frothsdroolspasms*

zOMGWTFBBQSEPHYISNEKKID!!!!



YOUDON'TSAY???NEKKID!??*DIES*

Now that that was over, we move on to other more normal stuff.

But, pedophilia isn't normal!!



Oh dear, I seem to have contracted Charmaine's apparent pedophilia. But how can one see this kid and not go "Sooo cute!"??? And take pictures.

Ok I need help



The sister, in Minnie costume!

We now present you nice pictures of animals.



So now what, it's bestiality???

Okok how about Chip and Dale, it's harmless right??



If talking animals on crack are your thing, perhaps.

Proof that I have been to Disneyland



Other than pedophilic pictures of adorable kids, here's a nice harmless fountain.

Wanted!



Found posted on a notice board while queuing up forever for the Toontown ride.

What a room setting



Very seedy.

Dine in all resplendence



in the castle in Alice in Wonderland. It's a restaurant, I think.

Random hanging things



Off the Roaring Thunder Mine Ride or something like that.

Random rusty tools



In the 2 hour queue in the Roaring Thunder Mine Ride or something like that.

The Ride itself



Can you see me? That's right. I'm the one... behind the camera. Haha.

Very nice decor



To distract you, and take your mind off the fact that you've been queuing for 2 hours and are nowhere near the ride.

Apt desciption



Kinda describes my situation with money.

The ride of DOOOOOOM



Forget roller coasters. I present to you the ride of CHAOS AND FURY! TEACUP RIDES! PH33R THE SPINNERS THAT LIE WITHIN. A seemlessly harmless ride harnesses the power and fury of hell in the disguise of a teacup.

Fancy spaceship



The prettiest ride you've ever ridden. It's like Singapore's Escape Theme Park's indoor roller coaster, but so much more impressive. Especially the part where you're immersed in a galaxy of stars.

I like the band



A small brass ensemble with a sousaphone!

Disney Castle



Ironically, the only attraction we didn't go.

Birds



The following pictures of the birds are just an excuse for me to show off my photographic skillzzzz.

Birds in flight 1



Blah blah blah.

Birds in flight 2



Bloo bloo bloo.

Bird almost in flight



La la laa.

The underside of a wing



Actually looks rather pretty.

A famous lotus pond



Is now but a mass of dead leaves and yellowing vegetation. Outside the Shitamachi Hakubutsukan (Shitamachi Museum).

Wealth-beckoning cat



They have them back in the Edo-era too! Ok it probably originated from those times anyway.

Colorful straps



To make the old wooden clogs used in the ancient times.

Above-mentioned clogs



Just so you know.

How they washed clothes in the past



Really tiringly. Ok for those who are lost, the before photos are taken in the Shitamachi museum, which showcases and preserves the old ways of ancient Japan.

Tea anyone?



Teaset in a very small room.

The modern-old days



Hey my grandma had that sewing machine too!

Guess where I got lost?



In Shinjuku ni(2)-chome. With a friendly sign above the street proclaiming "Friendly Street". The colorful flag attests to it.

Kupo!



My very own moogle! Pity the pom-pom's a little small though.

Perfect for Lulu wannabes



Aw, how adorable. I <3 my moogle. I feel like getting the cactuar too.


That's about the pictures I have to upload. It's kinda tiring to do so. Wish me luck in being able to go for the competition in Canada, then that way I'll have more pictures to upload!

No comments: