Saturday, February 21, 2009

Happy Chinese Tourist New Year

I wonder why I've put off uploading of the pics I've taken at Chinatown on Chinese New Year's eve. After all, I've only 13 pictures in total with 10 to show. It's that dismal yes, there were more tourists and gawker than ChineseNewYearers. And in Chinatown, no less. I mean c'mon, it's not as if I'm expecting a crowd to throng say, Little India on Chinese New Year but the lack of a crowd on a Sunday?

10 totally unremarkable photos

First and last



This was the first and last pic taken. It's like a typical must-take photograph for photographers, as though a large TAKE-MEEEEEEEEEE sticker was stuck on that scene. Yea I took it.

Compulsory pedophilia



I love how there's a single sweat drop down the side of his head. So anime-ish. Except in anime their sweat drops are caused by anything other than heat.

Papercraft



Lalala~ No caption~~

I've realized



That taking these pictures, aren't really very exciting. They're the sort of pictures tourists would take and show their friends and say, "See? These are sweets sold during Chinese New Year."

And these are...



Chinese New Year tidbits lor. Pineapple tarts and all that crap.

Pumpkin



I don't really like them.

Old man in the middle of the street



Was he actually playing the er hu or was he pretending to? I can't remember.

Ninja skillz!



With my rotatable barrel and mad skillz, I managed to take an unflattering photo of an unflattering uncle selling pomelos. He has a sprout of white hair from mole on his chin.

Ninja kids!



At shutter speed 400, the kids were still a blur, you could have imagined them zipping around zip zip whoooosh!

Ninja uncle!



I didn't manage to take a very satisfactory shot of him but he notiecd me and disappeared before I had to chance to take a second short.

No comments: